Further information on these changes can be found at the following link:
In short, the relevance for us is:
“hospitality venues can still hold more than 6 people in total. Within those venues
however, there must not be individual groups larger than 6, and groups must not mix
socially or form larger groups”
People may still go on holiday or stay in second homes, however “you should not go on
holiday in England with people you do not live with (or who are not in your support
bubble) in a group larger than 6 people from 14th September”
Following the Prime ministers latest speech to the House of Commons on 22nd September – a summary of the measures included in the Prime Minister’s statement is provided here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-covid-19-what-has-changed-22-september?utm_source=ee7f51e4-26d0-4250-96b8-cd1f24351659&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate – many of these became legal requirements from the 24th September.
It is now a requirement for businesses such as ours selling food or drink to be closed between 10pm and 5am, with food and drink being ordered from, and served at, a table.
In addition, customers must wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Our staff are now also required to wear face coverings and to remind customers who fail to do so.
We expect everyone on the Park, (whether that be holiday caravan owners, guests, holidaymakers or staff), to continue to follow the latest directives from the Government. As you will be aware, since we re-opened on 4th July, we have been one of the few local hospitality establishments voluntarily carrying out our duties under NHS Test & Trace. However, we are now required to go further as from Friday 18th September it became mandatory for us to collect your name, address, phone number or email if you want to visit Buckets or the Show Bar. If you fail to do this or fail to adhere to the ‘rule of six’ you will be refused entry or asked to leave. This is because we, as well as you, can be issued with a fixed penalty notice for failing to comply and we want to ensure we keep our venue COVID secure. We have rearranged tables to ensure the ‘rule of six’ is followed so we can ask that you do not move chairs or tables around either inside or outside of Buckets or the Show Bar. When visiting Buckets or the Show Bar, the following applies:
- At least 1 person per party will be asked to provide their details for the Government’s Test & Trace programme on entry.
- We will only permit groups of no more than 6 people to sit together, both inside & out.
- The moving of furniture is strictly prohibited in all circumstances.
- All customers need to be seated at all times, except when visiting the toilets.
- Unfortunately, dancing is not allowed inside or outside the venue.
- We ask all customers to sanitise their hands on entry & wash them regularly during their visit.
- Social distancing will need to be adhered to at all times.
- Buckets & the Show Bar will offer table service only, so do not go to the bar as you will not be served.
- Buckets & The Show Bar will close at 10pm, if not before, and last orders will have to be called at 9pm due to the requirement for us to offer table service only and allow us to get round as many tables as possible.
- Face coverings are mandatory in Buckets and the Show Bar unless seated at a table to eat or drink – this includes visiting the rest rooms.
We will also be using the new QR code system that the government released on 24th September in addition to our own manual Test & Trace system to accommodate for those without a smart phone. The QR code system is a legal requirement and must be used as the first port of call when entering either Buckets or Show Bar. If this is not possible you will have to give your details to a member of staff on entry.
Of course, this also means that you cannot have more than 6 people in your holiday caravan at any time and therefore cannot rent to groups of people that exceed 6, regardless of the berth of your holiday caravan. We have updated our Letting Agreement to reflect this and will be contacting those owners who have a Letting Agreement with us in due course to discuss this change with you.
As a reminder, when visiting the Park Reception or the Shop, it is a requirement to wear a mask unless exempt from doing so.
We would like to thank you for your continued support with all of this.